Josh

Josh

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

We are getting closer to Pluto

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/25/us/new-horizons-encounter-pluto/index.html


Soon we will see what no one has ever seen before: clear pictures of the tiny, icy world. The NASA spacecraft will be the first probe to visit Pluto.This was launched in 2006, and it has already traveled more than 3 billion miles. Each day it nearly covered 746,000 miles per day. The probe is expected to reach Pluto in July 2015.This is the moment I have been waiting for. Until now, the images of Pluto have been a few pixels shot by the Huble Space Telescope. I suppose this is one of the biggest step NASA has taken. NASA also said the images confirmed Pluto is a dynamic world that undergoes dramatic changes. Pluto is about two-thirds the diameter of Earth's moon. It is also believed that Pluto was discovered in 1930 by Clyde Tombaugh at the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. I think that place is the coldest place and nobody would be able go there. Technology has many things to offer in the future. I also think this is a positive projects.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is very interesting Joshua. Before this article i didn't even know a spacecraft was on its way to Pluto. Science and Technology have never ceased to amaze me. Yes,its really cold in Pluto because it is one of the the farthest things from the sun. Looking forward to getting positive results from them.

    ReplyDelete